Thursday, August 29, 2013

peek-a-blog

shocked? surprised? confused? it's "multigrain woman" you were looking for, a blog that looked like this...


it's the same space with a more real taste from now on. when i started blogging in 2007 i decided that our family blog should be a private one, so i created this other blog yet i didn't have enough courage or clear vision to actually use it. in November 2012 i was looking for a special gift i can give myself on my 33rd birthday, so i refreshed this blog selecting a name i liked "multi-grain woman" and a photo of the Russian doll, read this post to know why...

9 months later i thought that maybe it was time for this new baby to see the light, it took me another month to collect my courage, finalize this decision, and change the name of my blog into a more personal one for me, a name that contains my REAL name in it, as i start the progress of changing this space into a more REAL one because it means a lot to me, it has been a place of refuge, a means of therapy, and a forum for creativity

so this is the announcement i wanted to make, the blog once called MULTIGRAIN WOMAN is now called RIHAMIAT (coming from my name Riham, with the suffices in Arabic that can be translated as "-ics", like electron-ics) the new look was a must, i was looking for bright basic colors with a white background to mark a new beginning, a white page, each time i visit this space, carrying my crayons, my paint brushes, any color i'd like to add through words and pictures. sometimes i'll choose words from the English languages, other times i'll write in Arabic, sometimes i'll google a picture to add, other times i'll use my primitive photography skills to take a photo and post it here... so THIS is what got me excited even thought TODAY might not be the best day in history for me to jump up and down about my blog, today might be the day when the decision was final, to start a war against Syria, i'm talking about white pages here on a day that might turn into a black day for my country (here's an interesting article for you to read)... yet i've decided to do something, if i can't change what will happen to my beloved Syria, then i'll try to change what happens during my days here in Egypt, to compartmentalize my life instead of surrender to depression and make my kids and husband pay the price...

so chin-chin to new beginnings... and please pray for the STOP of yet another ugly war on this earth... 

No comments:

Post a Comment